Unifi AP AC Lite by Ubiquiti (UAP‑AC‑LITE)
- Total Price: $79.93
- Time to Complete: About 1 hour including the installation of management software and configuration.
- Level of Project Complexity: Install, Basic. Configuration,
- Overall Rating: (4.0 of 5.0) Good, but lack of 802.af POE support is a bummer.
- Link To Amazon: Schlage Touch Camelot Lock with Accent Lever (Aged Bronze) FE695 CAM 716 ACC
Installation. Very easy. Ceiling or wall mount is as simple as finding a location where you ethernet cable comes through and mounting the access point with four screws.
POE Support. The single biggest negative here, not having 802.3af PoE support. Instead, they provide you a 24V power over ethernet inline device. Its ugly and clumsy. I truly hope they move their entire product line to 802.3af PoE or 802.3at PoE+ compatibility and this is the reason for 4, not 5 stars. Note: If you want a device that supports 802.af PoE, step up to the UAC AP PRO.
Management Software & Configuration. The UniFi Management Software can definitely be a bit overwhelming if you don’t have any knowledge of technology or networks. If you like having the full control of a network management software package, you will LOVE this. All your Ubiquiti devices can be managed from the same space, endless reporting on traffic and performance and of course the basics like who is connected to your network.
Looks. Incredibly clean. Having seen many generations of wireless access points come and go, this one is definitely one of my favorites. Small, clean, low profile, well built, light. Simply incredible.
The UniFi AC Lite AP features the latest Wi-Fi 802.11ac technology in a refined industrial design and is ideal for cost-effective deployment of high‑performance wireless networks.
- Dimensions: 160 x 31.45 mm
- Environment: Indoor Only
- 2.4 GHz Speed: 300 Mbps
- 5.0 GHz Speed: 867 Mbps
- POE Mode: 24v Passive
- Ports: (1) 10/100/1000 Ethernet