Sea Gull Lighting Uptown in Blacksmith Bathroom Vanity Collection Review
- Product Reviewed: Three Sea Gull Lighting products are included in this review. They include the two bulb (44471), three bulb (44472) and four bulb fixture (44473). These are incandescent fixtures but self ballasted CFL fixtures are also available. Bulbs are NOT included.
- Cost: $109.80, $127.80 & $169.64 (two, three and four bulb models respectively).
- Overall Rating: (3.5 of 5.0) Economical lighting option that looks great, is easy to install but is not on the top of the quality scale.
- Link To Amazon (2 Light 44471): Sea Gull Lighting 44471-839 Bath Vanity with Satin Etched Glass Shades, Blacksmith Finish
- Link To Amazon (3 Light 44472): Sea Gull Lighting 44472-839 Bath Vanity with Satin Etched Glass Shades, Blacksmith Finish
- Link To Amazon (4 Light 44473): Sea Gull Lighting 44473-839 Bath Vanity with Satin Etched Glass Shades, Blacksmith Finish
Melding the casual elements of wrought iron with a sweeping Art Deco influence, the transitional Uptown Collection is at home in the city or the country. The soft, rounded lines are contrasted nicely by the rich blacksmith finish. This design delivers an “uptown” look with laid-back practicality.
- 16″, 24″ and 32″ in width (two, three and four bulb models respectively)
- Extends 7 3/4” out from the wall
- Supplied with 6.5” of wire
- Backplate: Height: 4 3/4” Width: 8” Depth: 1”; Center of outlet box up: 4 1/2”; Center of outlet box down: 4”
- Easily converts to LED with optional replacement lamps
- Fixture may be mounted in the up or down position
- UL Listed for damp locations.
At First Glance & Second Glance. Good looking for the money but the thin metal back plate and the general construction does not scream high end. The color is blacksmith (a near black textured color) and complements our oil rubbed bronze fixtures. Once mounted and turned on they are very nice looking. With the incandescent or LED lights, you can dim to achieve perfect lighting.
Light Output. Tested with 60 watt incandescent bulbs, one three bulb fixture will adequately light a small half bathroom and two of the three or four light models will adequately light a medium to large bathroom. The light output is very good.
Light Bulbs. These particular models will accommodate incandescent and LED light bulbs perfectly. After some testing and comparing, I prefer the light from the clear 60 watt incandescent bulbs due to their natural warm yellow hue.
Installation. Installation was very easy however I recommend installing the glass shades after you have hung the lights and have them securely mounted to the wall. This will reduce over 50% of the weight and make them much easier to handle.
2 thoughts on “Sea Gull Lighting Uptown in Blacksmith Bathroom Vanity Collection Review”
We’ve actually used this fixture (the 4-bulb) in a recent remodel and it came out great. We agreed that the fixture belongs in the lamp down position as well. Throw in a dimmer and you’ve got a nice light. Thanks for the write-up, Chris.
Right on David! Glad it came out well. I completely agree on the dimmer, it is a must have with this type of light fixture.